Scarlett Goodwin’s world is divided into Before and After.
Before she agreed to tutor Tucker price, college junior Scarlett was introvert, struggling with her social anxiety and determined to not end up living in a trailer park like her mother and her younger sister. A mathematics major, she goes to her classes, to her job in the tutoring lab, and then hides in the apartment she shares with her friend, Caroline.
After junior Tucker Price, Southern University’s star soccer player enters the equation, her carefully plotted life is thrown off its axis. Tucker’s failing his required College Algebra class. With his eligibility is at risk, the university chancellor dangles an expensive piece of computer software for the math department if Scarlett agrees to privately tutor him.Tucker’s bad boy, womanizer reputation makes Scarlett wary of any contact, let alone spending several hours a week in close proximity.
But from her first encounter, she realizes Tucker isn’t the person everyone else sees. He carries a mountain of secrets which she suspects hold the reason to his self-destructive behavior. But the deeper she delves into the cause of his pain, the deeper she gets sucked into his chaos. Will Scarlett find the happiness she’s looking for, or will she be caught in Tucker’s aftermath?
Before she agreed to tutor Tucker price, college junior Scarlett was introvert, struggling with her social anxiety and determined to not end up living in a trailer park like her mother and her younger sister. A mathematics major, she goes to her classes, to her job in the tutoring lab, and then hides in the apartment she shares with her friend, Caroline.
After junior Tucker Price, Southern University’s star soccer player enters the equation, her carefully plotted life is thrown off its axis. Tucker’s failing his required College Algebra class. With his eligibility is at risk, the university chancellor dangles an expensive piece of computer software for the math department if Scarlett agrees to privately tutor him.Tucker’s bad boy, womanizer reputation makes Scarlett wary of any contact, let alone spending several hours a week in close proximity.
But from her first encounter, she realizes Tucker isn’t the person everyone else sees. He carries a mountain of secrets which she suspects hold the reason to his self-destructive behavior. But the deeper she delves into the cause of his pain, the deeper she gets sucked into his chaos. Will Scarlett find the happiness she’s looking for, or will she be caught in Tucker’s aftermath?
I found this book on a whim whilst browsing BookBub - such a brilliant website! - and knew I had to read it. It's your typical college romance book with it's emotions, with "I'm not good for you" quotes and the funny roommate, but it had a few things in it that were slightly different.
For one, I really liked the part on Scarlett, our protagonist, finding maths as a relaxing activity. Sums, algebra, adding stuff up, it calmed her and took her mind off things. I, for one, really wouldn't find that relaxing, but I liked it because it's different. I like smart people in my stories and she was definitely a brainbox. She had to tutor Tucker, a 'jock' - I feel weird using this word as I'm british but that's what the book says - whose grades were dipping just a bit. The main point of him getting tutored by her is so they get a programme or some kind of euitment for the department. I atleast expected them to show us more on this amazing programme as that's what he's giving her in return, aswell as extra credits, but oh well.
Scarlett was a good protagonist, and although she seems to really care about what her best friend thinks, she never takes her advice, she pretty much does the opposite on what she wants for her friend (which made me laugh). She was born and raised in a trailer park by her alcoholic mother who is on the lookout for Mr Right, but instead she's getting Mr Punchbag. I do love that now she's away from there, she's seen what her mother goes through, the turmoil of getting beaten up by her boyfriend and drinking, and seen what her pregnant 15 year old sister is up to, she wants a better life for herself. I like it when people have dreams and actually go out there and achieve them. Her past gave her that push. She wants a better life for herself. I kept thinking 'you go girl!' whenever she mentioned wanting a bright future. And working in the CIA? I'm very impressed! When I first read that she want to work there, I was so excited! Now that's a proper dream job to aspire to have! Certainly something different.
Tucker is the love interest - who doesn't actually woo this girl until a lot later in the book than I expected. I like that it's not insta-love because they're quite unrealistic, they took the time to get to know eachother, they did their tutoring lessons and learned to trust eachother instead of the 'OMG WE JUST MET, LET'S DATE, I LUV U ALREADY~' um, thanks but no thanks. I like realistic books and this one was good, they really bonded. I liked him, he was the typical guy in a college romance book, he's a manwhore with a dodgy and emotional past, the most attractive guy who can make any girl's pants fall off just by smiling. But he was great. I liked him. He did get a tad annoying when he'd sleep with Scarlett then get up and go 'I'm no good for you' and just leave. Really? No. I'd be pissed. I wouldn't be like 'No, come back, please' I'd be more like 'Wait, what? You just have sex with me and then say it? Why didn't you say that earlier, you need some self-control, mister!'
Deary me..
Anyway, other characters. We have the token 'guy I'll date when you're not interested' guy, which was Daniel Bailey, who's one of these characters that you just want to go away so we all know they're just a distraction. They're there to mess up so the girl goes to the other guy, he's there to make them jealous.
Caroline was great, she's the fun roommate who you end up liking instantly. I like that she has her own book afterwards too, I might pick that up in the future.
It was a free book but I wouldn't of minded paying for this one. It was an enjoyable read and if you're a person who likes college romances, a smart girl getting the guy and a bit of maths thrown in, you'll like this one. I recommend After Math, four stars from me.
GOODREADS
After Math (Off The Subject #1) by Denise Grover Swank
Redesigned (Off The Subject #2) by Denise Grover Swank
Business As Usual (Off The Subject #3) by Denise Grover Swank
Have you read this one? Let us know what you thought via the comments or on social media:



2 Comments
Excellent post. I really enjoy reading and also appreciate your work. This concept is a good way to enhance knowledge. Keep sharing this kind of articles,
ReplyDeleteHOW I RECOVER MY STOLEN FUNDS WITH THE HELP OF / REVENANT CYBER HACKER
ReplyDeleteA few months ago, I fell victim to a sophisticated online crypto scam that cost me $82,000 in USDT. It was one of the darkest moments of my life. I felt helpless, angry, and completely defeated. The scammers had disappeared without a trace, and every attempt to recover my funds seemed impossible. Then I was introduced to REVENANT CYBER HACKER, and everything changed. From the very first conversation, their professionalism and understanding gave me hope. They carefully reviewed my case, traced the stolen transactions, and worked tirelessly using advanced blockchain recovery tools. Within weeks, I received the news I thought I’d never hear: my $82,000 USDT was successfully recovered. I was overwhelmed with relief and gratitude to REVENANT CYBER HACKER, not only returned my lost funds but also restored my peace of mind and trust. Today, I share my story not out of pride, but as a warning and a testament. Crypto scams are real, and anyone can fall victim. But there’s also hope: REVENANT CYBER HACKER proved that with expertise, integrity, and relentless effort, lost funds can be reclaimed. They didn’t just recover my money; they restored my trust in accountability. If you’ve been scammed in the crypto world, don’t give up. Seek help from professionals who truly know what they’re doing, just like REVENANT CYBER HACKER did for me. Kindly reach out to their handle below…
Email : revenantcyberhacker ( @ ) gmail (. ) com
Telegram: @revenantcyberhacker
WhatsApp: + 1 (208) 425-8584
Post a Comment