Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same.
Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life.
Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after...
This book has been 439 pages of "How does she do it?". The
character growth, how does she do it?
The plot development, how does she do it?
The beautiful writing style, how does she
do it? An array of subplots all coming together in the end, how does she do it? Anything and
everything about The Raven Cycle is
making me question anything and everything I thought I knew about writing,
reviewing and even the simple act of enjoying books as a reader. The film keeps
rewinding, I keep struggling to remember when it was that I was as awed by a
book as deeply as I am by The Raven Cycle
ones, and... I can hardly come up with any. All that I have accomplished is
I've managed to deconstruct the inner workings of how a book becomes a
favorite. But I still can't help but wonder...
How does she do it?
The Dream Thieves continues where The Raven Boys left off. If you study the cover beforehand for long
enough to determine that it's Ronan who is featured on the cover, this is by no
means an accident. It's Ronan's dreams and secrets which will introduce the
reader to this sequel, and it will be Ronan's dreams and secrets which will
wave a parting goodbye in the end. Ronan took Chainsaw out of his dreams. The Dream Thieves. Coincidence. (Because
it isn't, and because it had to be said.) But this series isn't known for a
single character progression, or a single character development, so it is by no
means a book about Ronan. The Dream
Thieves does so much in terms of character development, especially where
Adam and Ronan are concerned. Two sad, broken boys, lonely even when in
company, and faced with demons they don't know how to battle. Two souls who
consider themselves to be lost, when really they veered just slightly off the
course. The Dream Thieves is the
proverbial light in the dark, a compass to lead them back to the right path.
Whether they choose to trust it or not is a different matter entirely.
Where the others' predicaments
are concerned, progress is no less evident. Blue allows herself to test the
boundaries of her friendship, not so much with one particular boy as with all
of them (both combined and individually). While Noah doesn't get as much growth
and development as the rest, it is precisely his easy, natural friendship with
Blue that provides easily the most chuckle worthy scene so far. Gansey likewise
tests the boundaries, both of his longterm friendships and of the more recent
ones. Meanwhile the women of 300 Fox Way do a variety of useful things that
further the plot: aerial yoga, association with criminals, meals with bacon,
larceny, meals with butter, putting boys into 24 hour comas, scrying and an
occasional tarot reading. Things at 300 Fox Way, in other words, are much the
same as usual - if a complete absence of usual
qualifies as the usual.
And so the search for Glendower
continues in much the similar fashion as is has in the last book. If the
absence of method qualifies as a kind of method, then the tandem have it down.
From the newly-awakened ley line and its connection to the newly-acquired power
surges, to the mystery that is Cabeswater and its connection to Adam who bound
himself to it through sacrifice, the absence of leads does not present much of
an issue for the raven boys and their psychic girl.
Also, if you think you know who
the villain is, chances are you don't. (Just like if you thought you knew who
the villain was in the first book, chances were you were wrong. At least
regarding the extent of their depravity.)
How does she do it? I really
couldn't tell you. Maggie Stiefvater is my newest author-crush. I have a crush
on her storytelling. And her impossible way with words. And I have officially
embarked on my own personal quest, to mirror that of the characters - finding
the magical, mystical entity she's made a deal with that enables her to write
as well as she does. Simple? I thought not. It's half the fun of the quest,
anyway.
GOODREADS: THE DREAM THIEVES (THE RAVEN CYCLE #2)
A THIEF AND AN ARTIST (AN EXCERPT FROM MAGGIE STIEFVATER'S INCREDIBLY INSPIRATIONAL SCBWI KEYNOTE)
YALSA SPEECH (MAGGIE STIEFVATER'S PRITZ HONOR AWARD SPEECH)
- Lexie


1 Comments
HOW I RECOVER MY STOLEN FUNDS WITH THE HELP OF / REVENANT CYBER HACKER
ReplyDeleteA few months ago, I fell victim to a sophisticated online crypto scam that cost me $82,000 in USDT. It was one of the darkest moments of my life. I felt helpless, angry, and completely defeated. The scammers had disappeared without a trace, and every attempt to recover my funds seemed impossible. Then I was introduced to REVENANT CYBER HACKER, and everything changed. From the very first conversation, their professionalism and understanding gave me hope. They carefully reviewed my case, traced the stolen transactions, and worked tirelessly using advanced blockchain recovery tools. Within weeks, I received the news I thought I’d never hear: my $82,000 USDT was successfully recovered. I was overwhelmed with relief and gratitude to REVENANT CYBER HACKER, not only returned my lost funds but also restored my peace of mind and trust. Today, I share my story not out of pride, but as a warning and a testament. Crypto scams are real, and anyone can fall victim. But there’s also hope: REVENANT CYBER HACKER proved that with expertise, integrity, and relentless effort, lost funds can be reclaimed. They didn’t just recover my money; they restored my trust in accountability. If you’ve been scammed in the crypto world, don’t give up. Seek help from professionals who truly know what they’re doing, just like REVENANT CYBER HACKER did for me. Kindly reach out to their handle below…
Email : revenantcyberhacker ( @ ) gmail (. ) com
Telegram: @revenantcyberhacker
WhatsApp: + 1 (208) 425-8584
Post a Comment