Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything.

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?

And will they even be together?
 





possible spoilers for previous books



I read the first few books of the Lux series years ago, and after the release of Oblivion, I decided to re-read Origin before going onto Opposition. (So many titles beginning with 'O'!)
So, here I am, reading a book I can barely remember, and it feels as if I'm reading it for the first time again. Isn't that always fun? I'm not usually a fan of re-reading, unless it's one of my favourites. Which this seems to be.

It's a book I can sum up in one word - epic. I sped through this book faster than I anticipated, and it was constant revelations, guessing, twists and adventure. Not just that, but don't get too attached to any characters - this one is also a bit of a bloodbath. I think most of the characters at the start of the book are dead by the end. Wow, I forgot how much death there was!

But let's move onto a more cheerful subject. 

First, I have to voice my appreciation of Katy, because even though she's in a huge pile of shit, she has no idea if she's going to live another day, and guess what she misses the most? Her books and her blog. For one, as a reader, I can definitely relate. I love how similar she is to us, and that makes her a great character to read and relate to. I definitely need to get myself one of those 'My Blog Is Better Than Your Vlog' shirts, because perfection.

Anyway, Katy just gets more badass by the book. Although she still has her worries and doubts (she is human after all - wait, that's not right...), she's still determined when she wants out. Although in the Lux series as a whole, the characters never seem to come up with many plans and just wing it, in the end when all hell breaks loose, they kick some serious villain ass. And it's amazing.

Katy, Daemon and the rest of the crew show off their awesome abilities and really stick it to the man by making up random decisions on a whim, and just going for it. I love it. There's no 'woe is me, I'm a girl, I can't defend myself' shit, nope, Katy is going for it. They all are.

This was quite a nail-biter, too, this book. So much happens, we get so many revelations about the different kinds of people - and I use the term 'people' loosely because, well, it's a book about aliens - that it's just a constant rollercoaster. I love fast paced books!

What else is there? Oh yes, how about the man candy?


Not only did we already have Daemon *le sigh* but we also have Dawson *uh, twins? Yes* and now we have another one. Archer. Armentrout knows how to get us. She keeps adding these handsome men to the pile and by the end you're crying 'Stahp, I can't- but I can! Keep them coming! But too many book boyfriends! Send help! Preferably these guys!'
They're strong, (sometimes) smart, and are so completely out of this world. Geddit? Yeah, I apologise. Daemon is still the annoyingly charming guy he was in the other books, but just a bit more sappy. Yes, it can be a little off-putting (I'm not into that sappy romantic talk), but it was just shy of that for me, and I bought it. Bless him, he's a fool in love, and he's nearly died about fifty times for Katy. And for his sister, Dee. 
These women are going to kill you, Daemon! *wraps him in a blanket, away from harm*

We're also reunited with some evil characters, and that also includes some sarcastic and sassy comments from both parties. That's always fun, but it's also fun when some can read minds. *gasp!*

If you're not aware already, all the books begin with the letter O (Really Natalie? I had no idea!), so this one is titled Origin. We find out what an 'Origin' is and I absolutely love it. I don't want to give too much away, but what it is is awesomeeeee.

Also someone I hate dies in this book so YES! About time!



Go to hell, you poop covered chicken nugget! (Don't ask, I don't even know.) Also, the way it happens is satisfying. It's only natural it was to end that way.

So we have betrayal (So much betrayal. Never trust anyone in these books!), death, lots of sex and romance, kidnapping and sacrifices. Oh yes, and some very strong Twilight flashbacks. It occurred to me when I was reading about what an origin is that this all sounded rather familiar. (Yes, I know, I'm slow. I don't know a lot about Twilight. Sue me. A/N: please don't.) Now, I find this interesting, as I've never read Twilight and I've only seen the last movie (and by 'seen' I mean, had on in the background, but I think I got the gist). A lot of this is very similar, so my only assumption is that it's Twilight fan fiction, which brings me the question - would there be no YA without Twilight? Probably not. I guess we should be thankful.

Anyway, moving on from the Twilight references, because I'm sick of them. The start was exciting from the get go, it went straight into the action and the story, and so much happens! There's battles, showdowns, fights! God, I loved it all. It was at that point when I had to sneakily read the book when I was at work because WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

I just hope that we don't lose anyone else (that's unlikely), and that my darlings are all safe and well. I want them to live happily ever after because MY LOVELIES.


Please Jennifer, don't! I can't handle it!




GOODREADS


Pretty fangirly, huh? I apologise, I had some things to say. This book was what I wanted it to be, but with less death. Please Jennifer. Less death. I enjoyed it from page one, and I can guarantee Jennifer will impress me with the epic finale of the series. I'm terrible at finishing series, as the wait always makes me forget, and I never pick them up. 

If you have similar feelings or want to say anything about Origin or anything Lux series, don't be shy! Let us know either in the comments below or by finding us at any of the following social media: