In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putting a bullet in his shoulder. But as she’ll learn in Destroy Me, Warner is not that easy to get rid of. . .

Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.

Set after Shatter Me and before its forthcoming sequel, Unravel Me,Destroy Me is a novella told from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45


May contain spoilers



I'm shocked. I'll be honest, reading Shatter Me gave me a certain image of what I thought Warner was all about. Destroy Me... it blew it all out of the water! I now... love him!



I'm reading Unravel Me now, and I'm just waiting waiting waiting for Warner to arrive. He did show up and then he was gone. I miss him. Destroy Me is only a novella so it wasn't a long story, but we got so much insight to his thoughts on everything going on in Shatter Me. It took place after but he showed us his soft side, the parts of him he didn't want anyone to see. 

And he loves Juliette. 

He loves her


I can't even begin to explain how adorable it was! Warner found her notebook and read everything she was feeling while being imprisoned, he was able to relate to it and felt so much pity and sadness for Juliette. I do like her with Adam but I do get the feeling it's more of just a 'you're the only one who can touch me' thing, maybe only being with him because she's lonely and needs to feel human contact. But honestly? I don't blame her. 17 years without love and without the warmth of another person. I'd probably do the same.

But I am excited to see what happens when she and Warner actually come face to face, considering we know that he can touch her. She knows too, of course, but he also has an insight to what's going on in her mind and what's happened to her, so he can understand what she's going through and sympathise. 

This book made me ship. I ship Warner and Juliette. And it gave me love and hope for Warner because I want him to be happy. Wrapped in a blanket and out of harms way.

I feel so bad for him, he's misunderstood. He wants to be loved too, living his life under his father and feeling alone all the time. He has a reputation for something that's not him, Warner is known to be stern and horrible but he's got a good heart. When he attends to the dog, my heart melted and I know Juliette's did too because she saw and was shocked by how kind he was being. It's the fact that he hid what he was doing too.

His actions towards the soldiers, for example the one he shot in the head, he had a real reason for that. I'm not one to be able to kill someone but I'm pleased it wasn't just because of the reason everyone thought. That he did it because of how he treat his family, which is absolutely disgusting. Warner attending to the families was another heartwarming moment and, as i'm still reading the books, I'll look forward to seeing what other kind things he does. If you're read the books, you'll know because I'm going into it blind. I hope he's a nice man in the end.

Now on to finishing Unravel Me! 



GoodReads
Destroy Me (#1.5)
Fracture Me (#2.5)
Ignite Me (#3)


Have you read the Shatter Me series? Are you still going through them like me? Let us know what you think and which characters yo're cheering for. We'd love to hear from you! Share your thoughts via the comments or on Twitter!