If your boss was the hottest rock star on the planet, would you mix business with pleasure?

I'm Meg Stiles. This is my leaving party. And that song we're making a mockery of? That's written by one of the biggest rock stars in the world. And I'm moving in with him tomorrow.

Seriously! I am not even joking. Well, maybe I'm misleading you a little bit. You see, I haven't actually met him yet...

No, I'm not a stalker. I'm his new PA. His Personal Assistant. And I am off to La-La Land. Los Angeles. The City of Angels—whatever you want to call it—and I can't bloody believe it!

Celebrity PA to wild boy of rock Johnny Jefferson, Meg's glam new life in sun-drenched LA is a whirlwind of showbiz parties and backstage passes. Cool, calm Christian, in town to write his famous friend's biography, helps keep Meg's feet firmly on the ground. But with Johnny's piercing green eyes and a body Brad Pitt would kill for, how long will it be before she's swept right off them again?


Spoiler free



In case you missed it, I read Paige Toon's Lucy in the Sky a few weeks ago and I absolutely adored it. It was highly recommended by my work colleague and I threw through it and was so eager to read the next book from the author. That was Johnny Be Good. Well, I think my expectations were too high. At first it was okay... then nothing happened. I was bored stiff reading this.

Nothing happens.

I lost patience. I'm a reader who has to be constantly entertained. I hate slow books and I love it when things actually happen in the things I read. Meg ends up working as a PA for rockstar Johnny Jefferson. He's just a bit of a douche who doesn't treat people very nicely, who spends his time drinking and sleeping around. Meg does nothing but eat, have a drink with friends and answer fanmail, not to mention the whining about how attractive Johnny is but he's too famous to like her.

Seriously.

I'm sure more things do happen but I couldn't be bothered to read through the dullness to get to it. It wasn't worth it. There are so many other amazing books I'd rather be reading at the moment. 
I will be giving Paige Toon another read 'cause I loved her first book so much, just maybe one that doesn't involve Johnny and Meg. I couldn't care less what happens to them. The characters weren't even memorable and they were quite one-dimensional. Well, Johnny definitely was. I did like Christian, though. He was Johnny's best friend from England who made the story more fun and interesting. When he said he was going back to England, I was sad. 'Please, Christian, stay so this book is actually fun!'

Such a shame. It has a lot of good reviews, so it might be just me who didn't enjoy it. Give it a try if you like that kind of thing. It's slow, though. You've been warned.

Off to find a better Paige Toon book! I've heard some good things about Chasing Daisy so that'll be next! I hope it's as good as Lucy In The Sky! If you like chick lit, I highly recommend you read that.




We're not fans of writing 1 star reviews but they have to be done. Have you read Johnny Be Good? Let us know! We'd love to hear from you. Also, if you want to contact us for anything else or want to just want to say hi, don't hesitate to message us via the blog or at any of these places.