Andie had it all planned out. When you are a politician’s daughter who’s pretty much raised yourself, you learn everything can be planned or spun, or both. Especially your future. Important internship? Check. Amazing friends? Check. Guys? Check (as long as we’re talking no more than three weeks).
But that was before the scandal. Before having to be in the same house with her dad. Before walking an insane number of dogs. That was before Clark and those few months that might change her whole life. Because here’s the thing—if everything’s planned out, you can never find the unexpected. And where’s the fun in that?




contains possible spoilers


I'm always thrilled to see that there's another Morgan Matson book that's been published! I've still yet to read 'Since You've Been Gone' but that's definitely on the list to read next. I do, however, worry about whether it's going to keep me entertained. Why, you ask? It's as big as this book.

'The Unexpected Everything' was just....so long
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I'm all for cutesy books like this, but not at 500 pages long! I did manage to finish though, wading through all the teenage drama and really cute family/friendship/relationship adorable-ness, but it was worth it. I'm glad I stuck through it, as Matson gave us a really sweet take on what was important in life.


Love, family, friends, and doing what makes you happy. Living for the moment. Reaching for your dream! It's all very inspiring and the right book to get me out of my reading slump. (I swear I've had about 6 in the past year, what is wrong with me?)


Another great thing about this book? DOGS

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Our protagonist becomes a dog walker - hence the book cover - when her plans fall through for the summer. This leads to relationships, both with humans and pups, friendships and many fluffy adventures. It's what EVERYONE needs in their life, am I right? It definitely made me want to be a dog walker, it sounds like a lot of fun. Also, did I mention dogs?


Andie was a nice protagonist to read about, she was kind, hardworking and determined. I loved reading about her friendships with her friends, it brings me back to the old days when I was their age (now I feel old).
I found that their friendships were a huge part of this book, realistic and a lot of fun to read! The ending surprised me, but you'll see when you read it. It's definitely a book about friendship, in my opinion, and we always need those because friends are hugely important.



So, further into the book, Andie meets Clark. He's this nerdy fantasy novelist who is only about 19 and just plain adorkable (and smooth asf at times!). I'm all for a teenage author! Their relationship was very sweet so I was more than happy to read about their little adventures together. Ah, young love! 


She also has a rocky relationship with her father, but when a scandal hits them, he has to have some time off from his work in politics. Cue the father-daughter-bonding sessions! As someone who is also amending their relationship with their father, this was very nice to read about. Although my dad won't ever understand a book hangover as Andie's dad does (#dadgoals). I definitely enjoyed it, it wasn't rushed too, it felt realistic and I was definitely rooting for them to repair their relationship!


Overall - VERY CUTE BOOK. Although the size of the book is huge for a YA contemporary, it was still very enjoyable. I'd recommend giving it a read! Especially if you love dogs.


I rated it three stars because of the slowness in the middle and the length of the book. I nearly DNF'd it at one point because I lost a bit of patience, but I'm glad I kept going.


There you have it! Have you read this one yet? If so, what did you think? It seems that I'm having a contemporary summer this year, what is your genre for the summer? Let us know in the comments or find us at any of the following social outlets: