An anxiety disorder disrupts fourteen-year-old Audrey’s daily life. She has been making slow but steady progress with Dr. Sarah, but when Audrey meets Linus, her brother’s gaming teammate, she is energized. She connects with him. Audrey can talk through her fears with Linus in a way she’s never been able to do with anyone before. As their friendship deepens and her recovery gains momentum, a sweet romantic connection develops, one that helps not just Audrey but also her entire family





After being in a huge reading slump lately, and having chosen some horrid books to read, I needed something light. I wanted something easy, short and not too depressing, so I remembered that I have Finding Audrey.

Everything about this book was brilliant! I absolutely loved it. 

Audrey, our protagonist, is a girl who suffers from General and Social Anxiety, which is not something I've ever read about in a book before. I think Sophie did a great job in conveying how she struggles to deal with her disorder, and although I'm no expert on the subject, it seemed to me as if she'd done her research. Audrey, although struggling, gets through her days by showing us her fun yet crazy family, and giving us insights to how she and her doctor are trying to get her through her condition. One way of dealing with it and feeling comfortable is that she wears dark sunglasses, which I actually understand as I always prefer wearing sunglasses. Me and eye contact don't mix, so parts of this book was very relatable.

I adore Audrey's family so much. I felt as if I were part of it and also quite thankful my mum isn't as mental as hers. Her constant need to read The Daily Mail (*shudders*) was funny, and her need for order and the perfect children. I don't think she realised what amazing kids she has, and Audrey's father added that extra comedic air to the plot.

Her brother, Frank, is a gamer who has a constant need for being online and his desperation for access to his computer, which also relates for me. I do love my laptop, and the idea of being away from it upsets me *pets my laptop* my baby.

But the way the family interacted was great, and it all seemed very adorable yet realistic. The silly things they'd fight over is very true to every family.


And then there's the love story. Well, I'd say love story loosely, as it's not a huge part of the book. For the most part, this is a family book. Still, there's a tad of romance in there. Linus is Frank's friend and a fellow gamer. Then he meets Audrey. What happens? Something adorable, that's what.


Linus is so very sweet, charming and very kind and patient. He really wants to help Audrey heal, but not in a pushing kind of way. He genuinely cares and likes her, and the progress of their relationship is very worthwhile in the end. It wasn't rushed or thrown in there for the sake of having a love story. It was written very nicely, and I'm glad it didn't get silly. She is only 14, after all. 


As a British citizen, I very much adored that this book was written by a fellow Brit. There were in-jokes, and many things that I had to laugh at because I understand exactly what she means. A lot of the time, I'm reading books set in the U.S., so it's always refreshing to read a modern day British book with English humour and jokes. 

I was laughing my arse off through this whole thing, this is definitely something to read if you want something to make you smile. This family is brilliant.

Whether you have anxiety, know someone with anxiety or it hasn't affected you in any way, this book is a very good book to pick up. I felt more educated on the subject, and I love that it was handled in a less depressing way. Sophie wrote it so it wasn't too heavy and I admire how well she handled the subject, as illness isn't always easy to write. 


I loved every page. I sped through it and I wish Sophie would write another young adult book, because the woman can do it. If you are unaware, she wrote the Shopaholic series, which is on my TBR list, so I'll look forward to that. Her effortless yet charming writing is something to be enjoyed and appreciated, and I think it's a great book to get into if you're in a slump, like I was. Yep, was. Thanks, Sophie!


Highly recommend this book. 




Another great read read, reviewed and added to the list. I'm pleased that the year is ending with at least one good read, as I've not had much luck lately in the book department. It's disappointing. But Sophie didn't let me down. Now I'm back into reading, thanks to this one, I shall have to search for the next one that keeps those pages turning.

So, let us know your thoughts! Are you a Sophie fan, or considering this book? Not your kind of thing? We'd love to hear from you! Let us know by either leaving a comment below or finding us at any of the following social outlets