tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.



Contains spoilers.


My reaction to everything in this book:


I can't begin to explain how amazing this series is, how amazing this book is! So many revelations, new characters, exciting moments and banter in Unravel Me, and it was the perfect mid-trilogy story which had me so desperate to read the next one immediately. 

Unravel Me was everything I wanted it to be. Juliette is still trying to work things out, her and Adam are figuring out how to sort out their abilities, alongside James, and keep them under control. I adore how the abilities were handled, it's not written cheaply or absolutely ridiculously. Tahereh Mafi writes it as if it's realistic, as if it could really happen. I love that. I'm not the biggest fantasy fan, but this was enough. It was plausible and it was persuasive. 

Now, I want to be honest for a second. We are the Honest Bookclub after all.  A rant is coming here and it's about a character, so don't be offended if you like him. I don't know how many people do like him or are rooting for him but... Adam. Le sigh. I was fond of him in Shatter Me, he was interesting and had a lot of potential to be a nice guy, an understanding guy. In this book? No. He disappointed me. Not on the authors lack of characterization, just him as a person in general. I grew tired of him. We find out that he's not immune to her touch mid-make out session. Yes, that's a shame but I always got that they were more physical than anything else, she just wanted to be touched considering she's never been touched before, and now she's got someone there who can - jackpot! But, I don't blame her, I would if I was in her shoes, but when another person comes along who actually can touch her without being weak or dying... maybe you should concentrate on them more. 
Adam's constant moods, the clingy and whiny ways of him wanting Juliette. Does he not realise that this whole thing is way bigger than him trying to get into her knickers?  I feel like he's completely abandoned his little brother James, I just get the impression that he just sits around all day, moping and seeking company from Kenji. When he's not there, he just wanders around Juliette and upsetting her as well as himself. Just stop, mate. Please. You're also cockblocking my OTP and that's not cool at all. He reminds me of Gale Hawthorne....and you don't want to be Gale Hawthorne. Especially in the books I read, because I dislike Gale a lot. 
Adam managed to cockblock without being in the room, and you all know exactly what I'm talking about. 

And that's a segue to my next topic - Warner. Warner. My god. This speech just sums up how perfect he is

"I want to be the friend you fall hopelessly in love with. The one you take into your arms and into your bed and into the private world you keep trapped in your head. I want to be that kind of friend. The one who will memorize the things you say as well as the shape of your lips when you say them. I want to know every curve, every freckle, every shiver of your body.

I want to know where to touch you, I want to know how to touch you. I want to know convince you to design a smile just for me. Yes, I do want to be your friend. I want to be your best friend in the entire world.”


Seriously, how damn incredible is this guy? There's so much more to him than we know yet, we got so much from Destroy Me, but we've only just scratched the surface. I'm so excited to see what he does in Ignite Me. He's such a fascinating character to read about and I know he'll kick some arse, and get that shitty dad out of the damn way. I want him to kill him. Although if he won't, somebody has to. COME ON, WARNER. You can do it! I believe in you! 

AND HIS TATTOOS. Squee! They're perfect. Perfect! I love that extra touch, and the fact that he memorized all of her thoughts from the notebook. He can relate. He knows her so well now and can understand what she's going through. 
I love him.
Aaron.
sigh

But seriously. Warner and Adam. Brothers. Half brothers. I had some suspicion about them but I couldn't work it out. But I love it! So many marvelous twists. 

Moving on from Warner, Adam and love triangles, I have to bring up my love for the main man. Kenji. I love this guy. I was terrified when he got hurt and nearly died. If he was killed off, I'd be depressed through all of book three. We need the humour! We need his smiley face and hilarious comments, and he also is a great friend to Juliette. She needs someone like him to tell it how it is but still make her happy, make her smile for once, and give her that friendship that she's always wanted. I love that her friends don't have to be girls too, it's fine to be friends with boys without it having to be romantic. Thank you, Tahereh, for putting that in. His ability is fantastic too, being able to turn invisible and others when they touch you. Brilliant. 

Juliette's way of thinking was fascinating. She's such a smart and poetic girl, when she was with Warner when he was being all romantic, the things she was thinking made me smile. Everything was so different to any other 'intimate' scene I've read before, because let's face it, they're usually trashy. Not this. It was raw and sweet and everything sounded so adorable, she's not felt like this before and it was perfectly expressed. 
Even when she was 'dying', the way Mafi wrote Juliette's thoughts in that scene was just... wow

Anderson is a complete and utter shit face and I hope he gets killed in Ignite Me. Seriously, not even being bothered about your son getting kidnapped, then making him watch the love of his life get shot in the chest and dying in a pool of her own blood. What is wrong with you?


Father of the year award goes to............. not Anderson. Ever.

So he's got to go. 

I love the other characters; Sara, Sonya, Brendan, Winston, Castle, they're all fantastic to read about! The missions and fighting they do are so much fun to read, Mafi's writing is so effortless, flawless and incredibly easy to read, I can see how the fans of the series just can't stop reading it, binge reading is certainly the way to digest it because it's just so damn addicting!

Many relatable and loving characters, thrilling and dramatic situations, some astonishing plot twists and revelations that had even me gasping! I'm usually quite good at guessing what's going to happen but in the Shatter Me series? NOPE. Never see it coming. I love that. My hat goes off to you, Mrs. Mafi. You are a genius! I mean, even Warner's ability was brilliant, I really didn't think of such a good ability or how he could be able to touch Juliette but Adam can't anymore.

I'm a slow-ass reader, but I'm really shooting through these books. So addictive and enthralling, beautifully written and such astounding stories and people. 

Mafi is an incredible writer and I'm so eager to read Fracture Me, Adam's POV which takes place between Unravel Me and Ignite Me. I hope I like him more considering he let me down in this one. Please don't be a jerk, Kent. I mean it. I used to like you!

Amazing.





Were you as blown away by this series as I was? Share your thoughts via the comments or on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook! We'd love to hear from you and discuss these addictive books!