Teresa Hamilton is having a rough year—she’s in love with her big brother’s best friend, but he hasn’t spoken to her since they shared a truly amazing, mind-blowing, change-your-life kiss. She got out of a terrible relationship. And now an injury is threatening to end her dance career for good. It’s time for Plan B – college. And maybe a chance to convince Jase that what they have together is real.


Jase Winstead has a huge secret that he’s not telling anyone. Especially not his best friend’s incredibly beautiful sister. Even though he and Teresa shared the hottest kiss of his life, he knows that his responsibilities must take priority. He certainly doesn’t have time for a relationship. But it doesn’t help that all he can think about kissing the one girl who could ruin everything for him.

As they’re thrown together more and more, Jase and Tess can’t keep denying their feelings for each other. But a familiar danger looms and tragedy strikes. As the campus recovers, the star-crossed couple must decide what they’re willing to risk to be together, and what they’re willing to lose if they’re not… 




possible spoilers


We hate to rate so low, but sometimes you have to.

Where the Wait For You series is concerned, I read the first book about 2 years ago, and gave it five solid stars. I loved it. Although, at that point I was quite into New Adult books. Two years later and one new book in the series, I'm not so into either. However, I do read a few books here and there, in-between other stories to lighten the mood, so I decided to download the audiobook for Be With You. Of course, it's about different characters, but the "world" is essentially the same, and the characters in the first book show up, so I thought I'd give it a go.

J. Lynn is a pseudonym for Jennifer L. Armentrout, who I am a fan of. I've read her books before, and have always loved what she's written. Sadly, not this one.


The issues I had with it? Pretty much everything. I can't say the writing itself is bad - Jennifer is a good writer - but the characters and the story arc just weren't good in this one. It combines a lot of the tropes that I dislike in New Adult. In the interest of full disclosure, I didn't finish this book. I gave up around the time a really large twist happened just over half way, and I had to press stop on my audiobook.



I want to start put by saying that the main love interest, Jace, is most things I dislike in a male protagonist. He was over-protective, jealous, easily annoyed and really didn't treat Teresa nicely at all.  Throughout most of the book, Jace kept kissing her and then pushing her away, telling her that 'they can't be together' because he has this big, dark secret. And when this secret was revealed, it was somewhat shocking, but it wasn't earth shattering. Also, I don't see why they can't be together because of it. It hasn't really got any bearing on their relationship at all. His reasoning was ridiculous and served to fuel unnecessary drama more than anything, which is a big pet peeve of mine. 


Teresa can't even talk to another guy without Jace getting jealous, but the problem is - he isn't even her boyfriend. She has every right to talk to whoever she wants, male or female. He's the one pushing her away and yet it's one of those 'if I can't have her, nobody can' situations despite his refusal to be with her. So, when he starts saying the word 'mine', I just lost faith in this story. I hate that he used the word 'mine' as if she was owned by him. Shut up, Jace.


Let me get started on Teresa. She's an aspiring dancer with a knee injury, so she is unable to attend dance school for the moment. Instead, she enrolls in college to become a teacher. It's not an ideal situation for her, and it definitely isn't her dream, so she spends a lot of time complaining. On top of complaining, she moans about Jace not wanting to sleep with her and her abusive ex-boyfriend. It was just a lot of angst and drama, with very little fun or positivity to offset it. Not only that, but she can't stop thinking about Jace, the resident arsehole.


So, Teresa goes through a tough time in her past, both with the injury and especially the ex-boyfriend Jeremy who abused her. She moves into a dorm and finds that her new roommate is going through the same abusive cycle that she was in. There's pretty much solid proof that it's happening, and she sympathises with her and wants to help.

Wants to. Yes.
Does she? No. 
She asks her once whether he hits her, and the roommate just laughs it off. "Oh, no! Don't be silly" *nervous laugh* and even Teresa knows she's talking bullshit. But instead of helping, she decides to just ignore it and continue to irritate and insult said boyfriend, and rile him up enough to have him take it out on Deb, the roommate. Which he does, and she knows this. Why, Teresa. Why. You know what he's doing, and you say you feel guilty - then stop doing it!

I didn't finish the book, so I can't address the ending. The truth is that I just didn't care. I wasn't interested in Teresa, Jace, the outcome of the big events that occur in the story, or if the main two characters get together or not.

The story was incredibly slow, even for an audiobook, which I find make slow stories a bit more interesting. It didn't work with this one. I lost interest very early into the story. As mentioned before, the writing itself is standard Jennifer L. Armentrout - which is to say consistently good. But the characters she chose and the way their stories are told just didn't work for me.

I would recommend Wait For You, the first book in the series, which is a very enjoyable read! Cam and Avery are great and interesting characters to read about, and the story and relationship entertained me enough for a five star rating. 






Have you read any of the books in the series? We'd love to see what you thought of them. Don't hesitate to comment or find us at any of the following social outlets