And just as thought I was doing well

I've recently decided to put myself on a book buying ban, and spend some money on clothes, seeing as a lot of mine are quite outdated. So I got ready, went into town and thought I should go get some clothe-oh look, the bookshop! 

I bought myself two books and zero clothes. What can I say? I'm fussy when it comes to clothes and nothing caught my eye. Two books did, though, so I want to show them off.

I also got a very generous gift from an amazing friend of mine. Lucky girl!











The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
 


I've not read a Holly Black book yet, and I saw this one, picked it up and saw the word 'Fae' in the blurb on the back.
Sold.
I've been in a Fae mood lately, mostly because of Sarah J. Maas's wonderful books, and I just had to get this one. I've heard nothing but good things about Holly's writing, so I thought why not start with this one.
Also, it's hardback. I hardly own any of these, as they're a lot more expensive than paperbacks. But this one is an exception. Such a pretty book, too!

GOODREADS | AMAZON | AMAZON UK



Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater



Another author I've yet to read. Maggie is hugely popular in the Young Adult genre, and I thought that it was about time I finally read one of her stories. I also own The Raven Boys, but I overheard someone in the bookshop say how great this book was, so I bought it on a whim. Why not?

Also, as this is one of her earlier book series, I thought I'd read this one first. It's a love story between a girl and a boy who is a werewolf. I'm intrigued.
Definitely looking forward to starting this one!


GOODREADS | AMAZON | AMAZON UK





A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket


I read some of these books as a kid, but I didn't get around to reading them all. I adored the story of the Baudelaire orphans, and the horrible ways of Count Olaf. If you've not read these, I highly recommend you do, because they're fantastic! Also, read them before the Netflix series comes out, because you'll want to keep up to date with it. My lovely and amazingly kind friend Dennis bought me this. Yep, all of them. The whole boxset. You're too kind! Thank you so much! 
Also, the boxset is GORGEOUS.








Have you read any of these books, and would you recommend them? I don't think I'll be disappointed, as these two authors are well-known and loved. They must be for a reason. Don't hesitate to contact us either in the comments or on any of our social platforms.