Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn't easy...


He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior...

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he'd worked so hard to overcome, and the future she'd put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth - and find the unexpected power of love.

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy



Possible spoilers and bad langauge




I absolutely adored this book!  It was full of so many wonderful characters, an interesting romance and a dramatic storyline which sent out a good message. If you haven't already, I highly recommend this book. 

Let me start off by saying that Jacqueline was a fantastic protagnonist to read, I really enjoyed her story. She went through such a tough time with Buck, Kennedy and Lucas - especially Buck - and how she pulled herself through it was truely inspiring. She set a great example for girls who read this book because we all know what female characters in NA books are like.
They always have to rely on a man. Always. It's getting a tad old now, there's no strong women in these stories anymore and I miss the role models and the moments that inspire us to be strong, brave and smart. This isn't a spoiler as it happens on page 2 but Jacqueline gets nearly raped by someone she knew who she thought was a friend. Although someone helps her when she's struggling, what she does through the rest of the book is great - she stands up for herself. Jacqueline learns self-defence. Lucas teaches her how to defend herself and it certainly comes in handy and saves her from a worse fate than she got. 
I love that. What pisses me off about books that have just women hiding behind their man...what happens when he's not there? When you're alone, he's at work or away, you have to take care of yourself. Then what? You get hurt. Jacqueline gets fierce, she uses her brain and decides not to be like that, not to depend on someone else. I love that. We also get some scenes when she's in self-defence class and we actually get to learn ourselves on how to prevent being a victim of rape.
In my area, we've actually had some problems with hoodies attacking girls and I feel like it was appropriate to read this and actually learn that it's great to stick up for yourself and how to do it.
Well done Jacqueline and well done Tammara Webber. We need some strong women in our books!

Moving on, we have Lucas. Finally, we have someone who isn't the typical 'hot, muscular jock who everyone wants to sleep with'. Well, he is hot and people want to sleep with him but he's not a rude-arse jock. He's actually emo? (Someone calls him an emo anyway but he has the typical nose ring, tats and dark hair) Anyway, it's refreshing. He has his inner demons and tragic past, as the male usually has in the story, but this one was different. It was very heartbreaking yet interesting. There weren't any abusive parents, no bad upbringing...makes a change! He just has a tragedy.  Lucas was a good character, sweet, smart (horray for smart boys!) a hero and a handsome bad boy. What's not to like? 

I feel like Buck needs a 'pissed off' gif for him. Yeah, he's getting one.


What an arsehole! He is rude, cocky, arrogant and...a rapist. What more can I say? Everytime his name showed up, I rolled my eyes. I hated this guy with a passion and I hoped he'd get a worse punishment than what he got, but still. I'm glad he got one. Urgh....fuck Buck.

I enjoyed Jacqueline's friends, they were relatable, entertaining and a great touch to the story. They certainly lightened the mood (except the end, of course). None of them annoyed me which makes a first, one usually irritates me but I didn't get that this time. They had little side stories and I really liked them. The girls all stuck together aswell, the sorority were truly looking out for eachtoher and did what they could to help the other girls. Trust and support during a hard time is important.

There were some little mysteries in this book, a gripping story and a lesson to learn. The writing style was great and touched on sensitive subjects very well. The sex scene wasn't graphic - or there at all really - but it was fine. You don't need a graphic sex scene to prove the love between two people, it was written well enough. Oh and the make-out sessions though were steamy - very nice!

Overall, this is certainly going onto my favourite books list. I'll recommend this and most likely re-read it at one point in the near future. I loved it. Fantastic. 5 stars!






Have you read Easy? What did you think? Let us know via the comments or on Twitter.