She was just a girl, standing in front of a boy . . . wishing he looked more like Hugh Grant. 

Scarlett loves the movies. But does she love sensible fiancé David just as much? With a big white wedding on the horizon, Scarlett really should have decided by now . . . 

When she has the chance to house-sit in Notting Hill - the setting of one of her favourite movies - Scarlett jumps at the chance. But living life like a movie is trickier than it seems, especially when her new neighbour Sean is so irritating. And so irritatingly handsome, too. 

Scarlett soon finds herself starring in a romantic comedy of her very own: but who will end up as the leading man?





Spoiler-free




This book was cute. Very cute. It's certainly something to read after a heavy or sad book, maybe something light to get into while doing NaNoWriMo (which I am doing now).

What I love about these books is that they're usually set in the UK, which always makes me happy. It's easier for me to imagine, as it's set in London and I live nearby, and the characters are easier to understand when their slang is the same as mine. Although books do sometimes exaggerate how perfect it is living in London - I know people who live in London and they really don't like it - it's still nice to imagine what it's like to live in the nicer parts. The rich parts. I mean, if I were to live in London, it would be somewhere posh. (Of course!) 

This book is about a girl, Scarlett, who is a huge movie nut and enjoys all of the British and chick flick movies, like Bridget Jones, Notting Hill, Love Actually and Pretty Woman. When her friend offers for her to house-sit for a friend who lives in a lush house in Notting Hill for a month, she decides to take it and also goes on a mission of her own to try and find her mother. 

The story for me was sweet. I don't know anyone who is this into cinema, and the characters found it quite annoying at how persistent she was on having that Hollywood life and the scenes to happen to her. I, for one, didn't find it irritating. Don't we all want that? And near the end, when... oh yeah, spoilers... well, when that really romantic and cute thing happened? I melted. It was wonderful and adorable, and I had a massive smile on my face. 

Such a tease.

I enjoyed all the characters except one, but I can't say who because it might ruin the book if you do wish to read it, but they really got on my nerves with their negativity and a constant attitude. He wouldn't let Scarlett be herself, and didn't accept her for who she was. Not cool. Whenever he walked into the room, I found myself like 'urgh just piss off', but hey, there's always one in every book.

The others were thoughtful, patient, kind and interesting to read. I loved Sean, the neighbor that she has when she's housesitting in Notting Hill, and how quickly they became friends, the banter was really sweet.

There's one thing I love about books like these, and that's travel. They go to my favorite city for one, Paris, as well as roam London and see Glasgow. It's always fun to change location and have the author capture the essence of the city so well. The author had a great way of making me want to go away again, and the sweet adventures they had and their reasons for it were good, and great fun to read. I love that, when something would happen, I'd be like 'yesss this is from this movie', as I've seen most of the movies she mentions. 

Overall, if you're into movies then you'll like this one. It has the happy ending you want her to have, quirky characters and a pleasant storyline. An enjoyable read!




Have you read this book? Let us know what you thought! If you haven't, I recommend it if you want something fluffy. Share a comment down below or find us at any of the following social media outlets.