Sam and Hannah only have the holidays to find 'The One'. Their lobster. But instead of being epic, their summer is looking awkward. They must navigate social misunderstandings, the plotting of well-meaning friends, and their own fears of being virgins for ever to find happiness. But fate is at work to bring them together. And in the end, it all boils down to love.


This review is spoiler-free. 

Also check out this video of authors Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivison talking about the book! 







I just have to say, this book is absolutely hilarious! I haven't laughed this much at a book in a long time, maybe even ever! If you haven't read this book already then you really must. It's only been released just this month and I was lucky enough to find this book when browsing in my local bookshop. The cover enticed me to pick it up and I absolutely loved this book!

It's basically about a girl, Hannah, and a boy, Sam, who are on a mission to find "The One" or their Lobster (which I learnt from Friends what that was about). They don't want to go to university virgins and set out on a mission to find their other half with a few problems thrown in the way of their quest.

Everything about this book was brilliant. First off, this was set in the UK. Oh, how I've missed books that are set in my own country! So it's refreshing to read people use slang words from where I'm from and speak like me, a lot of the situations were similar to when I was around that age too. It's annoying when I'm reading a book set in the USA and I have to google what something means. The characters also went away on holiday and I love books where they're going around to different places, maybe it's the traveller in me that wants to see various places all the time in my stories. This is why I love road trip books.

The characters are very relatable, as a female, I felt I could relate to Hannah a lot with the issues she was having, especially the problems she had with some of her friends. None of them were unrealistic and they were all flawed in their own way. Sam and the boys' side of the story was funny, it's certainly what I expect from boys their age to talk about and the issues they'd facing, seeing as their most important thing was getting laid (and sometimes his odd worry over school)

I have to mention, if you love the Harry Potter series, you'll also love the references in this book. And there's a lot! I was pleasantly surprised to see it get mentioned pretty much every few chapters and you can tell a fan wrote this story.

I can't really write much more without spoiling anything. 

It had me doubling over in laughter, it's a great summer read and I highly recommend everyone give this one a go. It's quick to read, a story that kept me hooked and it's a fantastic debut novel from Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivison. Everyone can relate in some way and you'll be laughing, crying and cringing along with Hannah and Sam. It's a great coming-of-age story that you can't not love. A new favourite book for me!





GOODREADS: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18663722-lobsters