We, at the Honest Bookclub, are fans of Friends. Who isn't? It's rare that you meet someone who hasn't seen it at some point, as it's one of those shows that is loved by everyone. So, as I was browsing around, I found some fun tags and came across this one at Mostly YA Book Obsessed and thought it would be fun to give it a go! 
Anyone is more than welcome to do the same tag, as we're going to tag everyone. Come in and take a look!


Monica and Chandler invite you in






The One Where Eddie Won't Go - a character we wish would go away



This was between two characters for me, but it always comes down to this one. 
Gale Hawthorne. 
All the way through the Hunger Games series, he was always doing something to make me angry. Whether it's his anger, or his constant need for Katniss' attention when she's already got enough on her plate, or his ongoing need for revenge in the most drastic way. And when the worst possible thing that could happen to Katniss happens, what does he do? Pisses off and leaves. Yeah, nice guy. I've never been a fan, and I'd love for him to go away. I guess he did in the end, so that's good for me. Not for Katniss, who could have done with her best friend during that tragic time. You let her down, bro. (and I won't mention the 'was it him or was it not?' about a certain part of the series, but I don't want any debates going on. We'll leave it at that)


The One Where Ross and Rachel Were On a Break - most painful breakup


There haven't been many that have upset me, as break ups aren't things that make me cry in stories. I tend to mourn a characters death or a serious injury. However, the one that first came to mind when I saw this was Denny and Kiera from the Thoughtless series. Obviously that was going to happen, but considering we got flashbacks on how much of a sweetheart he was to Kiera, and what a great boyfriend he was - this breakup made me sad. They're together most of the first book, so we not only get scenes from the start of their move to Seattle, but we also get the first steps of their courtship, all the way from the beginning during such an emotional time in the book. He's kind, romantic and very caring, what you'd want in a first boyfriend! The breakup was inevitable, so it was upsetting to see Denny hurt, and Kiera losing her first love. I was sad, even though I was rooting for another person. 

The One With All The Kissing - favourite kiss scene or book with a lot of kissing



Probably Sky and Dean from Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. Even Dean himself promises the 'best first kiss' so it has to be that. We took his word for it and he didn't disappoint.

The Last One - our favorite ‘end of series’ book




It has to be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. No end of series book has even come close to being this epic, and I'll forever love how J.K Rowling ended Harry's story. It's one of my favourite books, and I feel like I know it off by heart with the amount of times I've re-read it. It was certainly worth the wait in 2007, and it'll forever be a story close to my heart.

The One with the Blackout - a moment in a book we wish we could forget or never happened



The end of One Day. If you've read the book, you'll know what I'm talking about. Not only that but the one anti-climactic line of said event, which annoyed me to no end. All of that build up for what? That. Yeah, I pretend that didn't happen. Thanks, David Nicholls.


The One Where Chandler Cant Cry - a book that didn’t affect us emotionally like it did other readers


I'm going to get so much hate for this. But here's a reminder that not everyone can like the same books. I'm not saying the book was bad, because it's obviously not considering the popularity it has, but for me I couldn't connect to the characters or the story as much as everyone else did. People dislike my favourite books, but I have to move on and not take it to heart. We all have different tastes. We are the Honest Bookclub, and our policy is to be honest. So, here's me being honest and saying The Fault In Our Stars by John Green.
I won't say anymore, let's move on.

The One Where Joey Doesn’t Share Food - a book we won’t share (*note. Not the real name of episode)



All of my Harry Potter books. Nope. They stay on my shelf, thank you very much, where they belong. Or my Sarah J. Maas books because they're signed and I love them so much.

The One with the Thumb - a book you would give 2 thumbs up to



Unearthly by Cynthia Hand. I liked this book more than I thought I would! I highly recommend it. I was hesitant at first because it was about angels.....and the idea of reading a book about angels wasn't exactly my cup of tea. I read many rave reviews, finally read it (well, I listened to the audiobook) and I loved it. Definitely read this series.

The One With the Ick Factor - a book pet peeve or a book that has a pet peeve



If you know us well at the Honest Bookclub, you'll know that we're really not fans of books that have characters who are 'broken'. If we have to read another New Adult book which is about a heroine who is 'broken' and nobody can 'fix them' except from a hot-looking man whore with abs and a big penis, we'll be throwing it in the bin. It's been done too many times for us to enjoy it anymore. No thank you. 

The One with the Lesbian Wedding - a favorite book with an LGBTQ couple





For me, it's Sarah and Linda from Lies We Tell Ourselves. This book was fantastic, we were sent a copy of it last year and it was impossible to put down. Sarah and Linda's relationship from start to finish was interesting, if not rocky, but it was a real eye opener to how life was then, and the struggle to admit feelings for someone you really shouldn't want to be with.

It's a book set in 1950's America during the racial desegregation and involves a relationship between two girls who are living in a homophobic and racist time.





We tag everyone.
We weren't tagged, so go for it! Let us know your answers, and we'd love to see what you put. Agree with any. Disagree? We know most people may disagree with one or two, but that's to be expected. If you wish to contact us, don't hesitate to go in the comments, or find us at any of the following social media outlets; we'd love to hear from you!