She has just two weeks. Two weeks to teach him how to fall in love – with his own life.

Adam Basil and Christine Rose are thrown together late one night, when Christine is crossing the Halfpenny Bridge in Dublin. Adam is there, poised, threatening to jump. Adam is desperate – but Christine makes a crazy deal with him. His 35th birthday is looming and she bets him she can show him that life is worth living before then.

Despite her determination, Christine knows what a dangerous promise she’s made. Against the ticking of the clock, the two of them embark on wild escapades, grand romantic gestures and some unlikely late-night outings. Slowly, Christine thinks Adam is starting to fall back in love with his life.

But has she done enough to change his mind for good? And is that all that’s starting to happen?
 






"While you were trying to make Maria fall in love with me, and make me fall in love with life, I fell in love with you." 

This is one of three Cecelia Ahern books I've read, and I'd say it's my favourite one yet. It was an inspiring story about living your life, falling in love and doing what makes you happy. We follow our protagonist Christine, who attempts to save a man who tries to jump off the Ha'Penny Bridge but fails. It happens again on the same bridge a while later and she gives him an offer - she's going to help prove to him that life is worth living. He tells her that he'll give her until his birthday, which is in two weeks, and if she hasn't helped, he's going to finish what he started and jump. 

I love these kind of stories, one's that show us that even though we think that our lives are not repairable, there are still things and people worth living for. Someone will always be there for you and that you should never give up. 

Christine was enjoyable to read, her character is going through her own problems including her marriage, her family and sometimes her own issues, but she puts that on hold for someone else. It was a selfless thing to do, and even the idea of her trying to save the lives of two people is admirable. The failed attempt to save the first man really got to her, and she blams herself, so I admire that she tried again to do what she could for someone else. She was funny, smart and very thoughtful, and I loved reading about her. 
Her life goes on hold, and she helps him rekindle a romance, sort out family problems and the issue with his career. It's messy but it was an interesting rollercoaster! But although she takes time out of her everyday life to help, she also teaches herself about life and what can make you happy. They teach each other and it's not all just for him anymore.

The man she rescues is Adam, he feels that his life is pointless now and I felt that all through the book. I was worried at the start that as soon as he is away from the bridge, it would be unrealistic and he'd be chirpy throughout. Y'know how authors can get sometimes, one look at the protag and all is well. No, Cecelia wrote him with such realistic traits, he'd cry to himself and he'd mention some morbid things that would make Christine worry. It wasn't rushed and I felt like she did her research. I'm no expert in characters like this, but I felt that he was slowly getting there. Slowly. I hate reading about characters who are instantly better, because that isn't real life. Things take time. People can't get better in a day after nearly committing suicide, so I like how the author kept him in that same frame of mind. 

This book has it's funny parts too, it's not all doom and gloom. I love their banter, I really liked Christine's family, even if they are a bit batty. It's a british book and it's got the language and slang, which is always fun. Also, I think Ahern really has a way with words, which didn't come as a surprise to me as I've already read her writing before. Her style is so easy to get into and I always find it hard to put her books down. The story flowed well, it was interesting and not too tropey. 

I'd say this one is something that would get you to really think how short life is, and it tells you that it is your life. You should do what you want to do, you can't live for other people.
Inspiring, engaging and thought-provoking read from Cecelia Ahern, I do recommend this one. Wonderful read! 





I'd say this is a good book to start into Chick Lit fiction. It's not too sappy, it has a storyline that isn't like the normal one's I've read in this genre, and the characters are relatable in many different ways. I do recommend author Cecelia Ahern if you haven't read her books already. Are you a fan or considering trying this book? Let us know, we'd love to hear from you! Either leave a comment or find us at any of the following social outlets