Scarlett MacGregor has lived a very sheltered life courtesy of her over-the-top controlling parents. Having never been to a co-ed party, much less on a date, Scarlett has relied on her books, her music, and living vicariously through her best friend Evie to keep her sanity as she's patiently awaited her freedom from their rule.

When Scarlett and Evie go away to college, Scarlett quickly meets Ashton, Dylan, and later, Mason, and is thrown into a crash course of like, love, and lust. With Evie's help, she must figure out the difference in the three and which one she wants before she ends up without any of them.

Metamorphosis is the story of Scarlett's transformation from a young, naive girl to a strong, mature young woman and her search for self-discovery and true love.


may contain spoilers




I found this little gem on BookBub. If you read a lot of books, and somebody asks you 'who is your top book boyfriend?' and you're stumpt....you have too many. Although, I don't think you can have too many, it's not our fault authors can write such amazing men. I consider myself a book slut.

This book is about a girl who reads a lot, she mentions the different type's of book boyfriends she has and how different they all are but they're equally as amazing as eachother. We have the bad boys, the rockers, the fighter, mr sensitive, the college boy, the jock...so, so many! Quite a few books were mentioned in this book aswell as the men found inside. 
So what our girl, Scarlett, has happen to her is the fact that she goes to college, away from a sheltered life of her smothering parents and she want to break free and be a regular girl. She wants to find love. Problem? She loves her book boyfriends and her reading. Her expectations are too high (who's isn't with the likes of Kellan Kyle to compete with!) Although she's incredibly lucky to find three guys at the same time - who all happen to love her as soon as they see her... - she has to decide which one she wants. Well, first she decides to play the field a bit. She doesn't jump into bed with any, sleep around or even class any as her boyfriend, she just enjoys her time being treated like a queen. I just thought

you go girlfriend



enjoy it while you can! She and her best friend Evie, they decide to go out on a saturday night and each time they go, they need to meet a boy who are a certain 'book boyfriend' type. Let's find Mr College Boy first - and she meets Dylan. Nice guy. I like him. She also meets handsome (and man whore..of course) Ash, who is a guitar playing guy with that surfer look. Not bad, but he tries to keep his distance. Then she meets Mason, a rocker bad boy with the lip piercing. So she has a mixed bag. 
She never has a boyfriend and all of a sudden has three at the same time. Get it, Scarlett!

It's not always what it seems though, she can't pick and she feels things for one's who can't love her back, it's all complicated. 

Now, onto the boys

Mason

I love him. He was so sweet and entertaining, caring, protective and talented. He's a singer. Swoon!
Anyway, I'm going to be honest here - I'd picked Mason since he first showed up and charmed both me and Scarlett. I can't resist a guy in a band. He ended up being the most entertaining, where Ash was a bit too man-whorey and confusing. One minute he's pushing her away and saying 'I'll only hurt you, stay away from me' and then the next, he's trying to jump into her bed. Dude..
Dylan was a nice guy but reading his interraction with Scarlett was just a bit too boring for me. I like them as friends though!

And now.............we get to the big twist that happens. The twist that, for some reason, I had guessed as soon as I read 'they kept getting headaches'. I had a feeling it wasn't going to end well or atleast have someone in hospital but a death? 
Sadly, we didn't know they'd died until we read 'funeral home', I went back and read a page or two and could't find where it said that they'd died but oh well. It wasn't too silly, it was enough for the story to have meaning. Sometimes authors put in a death for drama but unneccessary drama. This one was actually alright, although I'm shocked at who it was. It was quite sudden too, we didn't get many 'will they pull through, won't they pull through' it was just BAM done, bye bye. That's mean..
It did change Scarlett though. It made her change her actions and it made her think about what's good for her and what isn't. She got the tattoo and it had meaning to the book. 

It's sad that she's going to go into the next part of her life without them, they were important to her, they helped her through her tough times and her boy troubles. Now she's alone. That hurts me, I really enjoyed their interactions and closeness.

I also noticed a lot of similarities to Thoughtless, connected to the band Mason is in, but that might be just me. It is a series I've read a ton of times so it's normal for me to compare.

-

Anyway, overall, this was an enjoyable and quick read. I liked the main character, the boys were entertaining and swoon-worthy, and as a female reader who likes the odd NA and YA book, this was fun for my love of book boyfriends. I don't like sad books too much but this one wasn't too much, it was enough for me.  I took a star off because insta-love isn't my cuppa tea, but except from that - and the odd typo - it's great! I really liked it. I think I'll read book two to see how Scarlett gets on, for sure. 



Goodreads: Metamorphosis (Book Boyfriend #1) by Erin Noelle


Did you enjoy Metaorphosis? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter!