I went into the town centre and I decided 'today, you're not going into Waterstones. Just walk past. You have university work to do. Go straight to the coffee shop. Have some self control!' and I did so well. I walked past that place. I didn't even look at it and I was so proud of myself............until I left the coffee shop, which is about 2 shops away and, well, I ended up in Waterstones. I don't know how I got there but the next thing I knew, I had books in my arms. The best thing about it though? I hardly spent any money. If you shop at Waterstones, you'll know that they have a student points card aswell as a stamp card. If you collect 10 stamps, you get £10 off your next purchase. Well, I certainly had over 10 stamps so I got my £10 off. Not only that - I also had points on my student card. I paid £2.60 for my purchase. 

WIN!

That only counts for 3/4 of these books, the others I bought separately. So, let me share the book goodness!








I love the Percy Jackson series. I think they're a fantastic series and everyone really should give them a go. The size of the Heroes of Olympus books are sometimes quite daunting, there is a lot going on, but it's so enjoyable and engrossing! I saw the book online and it wasn't cheap. It wouldn't be though, it's a huge hardback of this big story. I'm not paying that much for it, £12-15 is too much - but luckily Sainsburys was there to save the day! I saw it in the supermarket - the last copy! - for £7. I'm so buying that. So here you have it! The last book in the series, the one with all the questions answered and the (hopefully!) happy ending. (And if my bb Percy dies, I shall be in the mourning period for a very long time...)


Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

Incase you didn't already know, I'm a maaaaaaassive Colleen Hoover fan. She's one of my favourite authors and I've read every single book she's written, and they're all outstanding. Sadly, some I read on my Kindle and can't always get a copy of as in my local bookshop, they never have her books on the shelves. Why? You tell me. It's annoying and I want them all to sit proudly on my bookshelf. I did, however, get to order it on thebookdepository and I had to pick the US cover. I won a signed copy of Slammed last year and it was the US cover, I have to have a matching set, so the US cover of book two is a must. It's so simple yet lovely. Slammed is my favourite Colleen book so I had to build up my collection for the series.
If you haven't already, you really should try one of Ms Hoover's books. She's a wonderful storyteller and you won't regret reading her books for a second. I think a re-read of the Slammed series is in order for me!





The Bookstore by Deborah Meyler

I needed one of those tote bags. How did I get one? Pick a book from the Books Are My Bag section. When you buy a book from that area, you get this free bag. I had to have a look to see what was available....and nothing. Nothing I wanted and everything was just not my cup of tea, so I decided to give up. Until I saw this book. It looked quirky, cute and chick-lit-y and I thought I'd go for it. Not only that, but it's also signed. I didn't even notice the sticker that says her signature is in it until I got home. Nice!



My True Love Gave To Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by Stephanie Perkins, Holly Black, Ally Carter, Gayle Foreman, Jenny Han, David Levithan, Kelly Link, Myra McEntire, Matt de la Pena, Rainbow Rowell, Laini Taylor and Kierstan White.

Yeah, quite a lot of authors there. I was so excited to see many authors that I've read before and loved in the list here. I know that this is going to be fantastic, it's 12 very cute and uplifting short stories to read over the Christmas period, all romantic, warm and fuzzy. I can see myself snuggling up with a hot chocolate and delving into this one. So many talented authors, ahh!
Also, the book is stunning. The cover has some beautiful colours and the simple design of the Christmas lights are so adorable, also the pages are pink! I do have an issue with it though..


the pages turn my fingers pink. I only touched the pages once and this happened. This could get messy.



Trouble by Non Pratt

I've actually nearly finished this one so a review will be up soon, but I've been wanting to read Trouble for ages. I've always been walking past it, umming and aahhing about buying it and I just knew it would be an interesting story to read about. I've not read many 'teenage pregnancy' books so we'll see how I get on. 


The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

You haven't read this book yet? Where have you been? Under a rock, I think. I'm certainly behind on getting into the Raven Boys craze, but I now have no excuse. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about it so it's about time I read it. 



Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

I actually bought this quite a while a go and forgot to add it into my Mailbox posts, so here we are! I've heard so many good things about this book, it was recommended to me years a go and I can now finally enjoy this! I'm not into horror but the person who told me to read this said it's not so bad, it's a really good story and I'll like this one. Looking forward to trying it out.


Also, I guess I should mention, I bought Divergent on DVD. Look how great it looks beside my copy of Divergent! I've finally watched the movie and I absolutely loved it. I've watched it twice already, I will admit. If you haven't seen the movie already, you really should. The movie was great for reminding me on what happened, I read Divergent so long a go! Great movie. Highly recommended. 


Ta-da! Have you read any of these? What did you think? Let us know via the comments or on Twitter.