First, I had to remember how to breathe. Then, I had to learn how to survive. Two years, three months and sixteen days had passed since I was the Rowe Stanton from before, since tragedy stole my youth and my heart went along with it. 

When I left for college, I put a thousand miles between my future and my past. I’d made a choice—I was going to cross back to the other side, to live with the living. I just didn’t know how. 

And then I met Nate Preeter. 

An All-American baseball player, Nate wasn’t supposed to notice a ghost-of-a-girl like me. But he did. He shouldn’t want to know my name. But he did. And when he learned my secret and saw the scars it left behind, he was supposed to run. But he didn’t. 

My heart was dead, and I was never supposed to belong to anyone. But Nate Preeter had me feeling, and he made me want to be his. He showed me everything I was missing. 

And then he showed me how to fall. 



non-spoilery




I nearly cried at this book. I say nearly because I was sitting in the living room reading this and I hate crying in front of people. I waited until I got up and went to my room after telling them 'I'll be right back' and I close the door and SOB. When the theme of a loved one dying is present in a book, I always lose it. Not all the time but when the author is talented on pulling at our heartstrings like Ginger Scott is, I'm blubbering.

This was a really great book! I bought this to read while I was at work and ended up finishing it when I got home because I really wanted to know what was going to happen! The relationships in this book were fantastic! Rowe and Nate's was very sweet and their time together really made me fall in love with their love and I adored it.  Nate was charming, handsome, smart and very sympathetic and kind for she was in a very difficult place. I really like how compassionate he was and thoughtful, taking his time to help Rowe get back into the real world as she was struggling for so long after a terrible thing happened in her life. I'd be the same as her if I was in her shoes. 
Rowe was incredibly brave for how she just went out there after that tragedy and embraced it all even though she was ripped apart inside. Bless her. Considering, she really got back on track very quickly. Thanks to Nate and her roommates, Cass and Paige. Well, more Cass. 

Speaking of Cass, she was really great! I liked how supportive and understanding she was with Rowe's problems and worry. She was helping her get back to the girl she was before, with the help of Nate aswell, and that was admirable.

And then we move onto Ty, who is so hilarious. He's Nate's brother, roommate and best friend. So adorable! Him and Ty have a brilliant relationship, fun banter and a very close bond that you can't not love, they have a close family and that's refreshing in a New Adult book. The fact that Nate is doing what Ty wanted to do because of Ty's accident and ending up wheelchair bound, it was heartbreaking. He's doing it all for him and MY HEART

I wasn't sure about Rowe's parents, they seemed a bit...off for me, not an error against the author, more against the characters and their judgements. I guess they did what they had to do to help her and thought about what was best. They seem to love Nate though, and who wouldn't? He's awesome! I just wish they'd speak to Rowe more and understand that she wants to move on and actually communicate with her parents.

This is a very character-driven book so most of what I'm saying is about them. The plot was mostly her trying to come out of her shell after a tragic accident that happened in her life back home. She's dealing with it two years later and trying to be the girl she was before it happened. When Ginger Scott writes the sad parts. it certainly gets to you. We don't know much about the people back home but she still gets us with her fantastic writing and I was just- *sob*We learn about poor Josh and Betsy, who were involved in such a terrible situation and it was so devastating.

I adored this book so much. I recommend you read this if you like college-type books and stories that might make you cry. You've been warned, it's definitely a tear-jerker. 


GoodReads:

Have you read this book? If not, will you get a copy? Let us know via the comments or on Twitter!