For YA dystopia aficionados, there is hardly a need for an introduction to this particular series. Susan Ee's Penryn & The End of Days, commonly mistitled as the Angelfall series, has been a staple in the young adult community in the past years. The story of a world overtaken by avenging angels is not for the faint of heart, but promises everything we've come to love in our doomsday series. There is no shortage of gripping characters, nor of compelling storylines. And the world is very much not as black and white as it seems. The lines blur within the first couple of chapters, and the worlds tilts further still as the series progresses. It is only logical, therefore, to expect it all to be flipped upside down in the conclusion of the trilogy, aptly titled End of Days.

After a lengthy wait which had us all on edge (three more books? One more book? When? How?) the mystery has been solved. In a magnificent subversion of the popular expansion-of-the-series tendency many authors succumb to, Susan Ee's End of Days will indeed be the last book in the series - now with a cover, a synopsis and an excerpt from the book in tow!

Following the article in Entertainment Weekly, Susan Ee has made the details about the upcoming conclusion to the series available on her website, as well. And now here at The Honest Bookclub, we're recapitulating all we've been told about End of Days. It might be just us, but May 12th 2015 still seems like so far away.











End of Days is the explosive conclusion to Susan Ee’s bestselling Penryn & the End of Days trilogy.


After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.

When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?





“You’re in love with him, aren’t you?” rasps Beliel. “You think you’re so special. Special enough to catch an archangel’s love.”
He makes a dry, rattling noise that I think must be a laugh. “Do you know how many people have thought they could win his love over the centuries? That he’d be loyal to them just as they were loyal to him?”
I know I should ignore him. Nothing he says can be trusted. I know that. But curiosity burns through me anyway.
I turn and lean on the porch railing. “What do you know about him?”
“You want to know how many Daughters of Men he’s gone through? How many hearts do you think have shattered over Raphael, the great archangel?”
“You’re telling me he’s a heartbreaker?”
“I’m telling you he’s heartless.”
“You’re going to tell me that he did you wrong? That you don’t deserve to be chained up like a rabid animal?”
“He’s not a good guy, your angel. None of them are.”
“Thanks for the warning.” I turn to go back into the house.
“You don’t believe me. I can show you.” He says these words quietly like it doesn’t matter to him whether I believe him or not.
I pause at the doorstep.
“I’m not a big fan of creepy guys offering to show me anything.”
“That sword you carry around hidden under the stuffed animal,” he says, “it can do more than just look shiny. It can show you things.”
I get goose bumps. How does he know?
“I can show you what I experienced at the hands of that archangel you’re so enamored with.
We just both need to be touching the sword.”
I turn back toward him. “I’m not stupid enough to give you my sword.”
“You don’t need to give it to me. You can hold it while I just touch it.”
I look at him to see if there are any tricks. “Why should I risk losing my sword just to see if you’re telling the truth?”
“There is no risk. The sword will not allow me to lift it or to take it from you.” He’s talking to me like I’m an idiot. “It’ll be perfectly safe for you.”
I envision myself being in a memory trance within easy reach of Beliel. “Thanks, but no.”
“Afraid?”
“Not stupid.”
“You can tie my hands, chain me, bag me, put me in a cage. Do whatever you like to ensure your safety from an old demon who can’t even get up on his own anymore. Once you do that, you know the sword won’t allow me to take it, so you’ll be perfectly safe.”
I stare at him, trying to see through his game.
“Are you really afraid of me harming you?” he asks. “Or maybe you just don’t want to know the truth about your precious archangel? He’s not what he seems. He’s a liar and a betrayer, and I can prove it. The sword won’t let me lie—it doesn’t pass on pretty words. Just memories.”
I hesitate. I should be turning around to leave, and he knows it. I should be ignoring everything he says.
But instead, I stand rooted to the porch.






Susan Ee is the author of the bestselling books in the Penryn and End of Days trilogy, Angelfall and World After. Her books have been translated into over 20 languages and her short films have played at major festivals. She used to be a lawyer but loves being a writer because it allows her imagination to bust out and go feral.

You can find Susan on her website, at susanee.com







At The Honest Bookclub, we are particular fans of Raffe and Penryn's adventures. You may read our review of Angelfall here, or find a few odd pictures (and a lot of ramble) in one of our August book hauls here.

If you're a fan of the series or if you intend to read it in the future, leave us a comment below and let us know. Or find us on assorted social media where we're taking over the world.