I'm sure you're not all aware, but I can inform you now, that Monday April 20th is my (Natalie's) birthday! And, of course, I know some amazingly nice people and have received some books in celebration of my 26th. Spoilt, or what? You can always say it with books and you can't go wrong,  so my family have no excuse to get me something I wouldn't like.

There's a mixture of books I've wanted to read for ages, books I've only just discovered in the bookshop (one or two of these I bought myself) and ones I've read and wanted a physical copy of. Let's begin!



I'd like to thank Dennis and my co-blogger Lexie for sending me some of these books for my birthday. You two are awesome!





Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

I've had this book on my TBR for a long time, and when I heard it was going to also be a movie, I was so excited and thought 'I really better read this soon before the film comes out'. And it's an excuse to say 'Well I read it before the movie'. Yep, why not be one of those bragging people? It's always fun!



My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

I read this a year or so a go on my Kindle and absolutely loved it! It was cute and considering the size of the book, quite a fast read. I flew through this and I'm so glad to have it on my bookshelf, ready for a re-read.


You Are Here by Jennifer E. Smith

I have a couple of Jennifer E. Smith books on my bookshelf, so when I saw she had another one, I had to add that to my TBR ASAP. I do like road trip books or anything travel-related so this one is perfect for me. It sounds like my cup of tea! Definitely check out Jennifer's books if you can, because she's an excellent writer!


I Was Here - Gayle Foreman

Sticking with the 'here' books (this and the last book I mentioned), I treated myself to this one. I'm not sure what it is but there's a trend in YA as far as 'suicide books' and I don't know if I should be concerned or not. Anyhow, I've still not read If I Stay but I will definitely be reading this one very soon. It's Gayle Foreman's newest book and it has such a pretty cover and an interesting story. I've heard good things about it, so I can't wait to get started!


One Tiny Lie by K.A Tucker

I read Ten Tiny Breaths quite a while ago, but I definitely loved it (a re-read is in order, in fact). So I was lucky enough to receive a copy of book two, One Tiny Lie, which is about Kacey's little sister Olivia and her time at college. Based on the reviews I've read (non-spoilery, of course!), it sounds like a lot of dramatic things happen. This one is bound to be a page turner, so we'll see how I get on. I adore K.A's writing style and I love her more because I was able to meet her in Toronto a few years ago.



Seven Days by Eve Ainsworth

I was browsing a bookshop and saw Seven Days looking pretty on the bookshelf. I'm a sucker for covers like this. Simple, yet pretty. It's a story about bullying and it's a take on what teenagers are going through today in schools, and the pressures on their personal appearance, which I think it sounds like a really interesting read. This is British author Eve Ainsworth's debut book - I love supporting new upcoming authors from the UK!



It's Not Me It's You by Mhairi McFarlane

I love Mhairi's books so much! I picked up her debut novel You Had Me At Hello and absolutely adored it, and since then, everything she's written so far, I've really enjoyed reading. She has such a way with words and enormously fun characters. You can't help but to be sucked into her novels and enjoy every word. I saw this book at the supermarket and got quite excited, so I had to buy it. And here we are! I highly recommend you check her books out, they're really good. Mhairi is also from the UK, which makes me very happy! Got to support the locals!





Again, thank you Dennis and Lexie, you superstars! :)


Have you read any of these? Which ones do you think you'll go check out? We'd love to hear from you, so don't hesitate to contact us. There are many ways: