I mentioned in the last In My Mailbox post that it had been my birthday recently. I received more books from a very generous person, who spends way too much money on me, and I also treated myself to more at the bookshop. Why not? I wandered in for a browse and ended up with a big bagful. As usual. I have a book buying problem!








The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan

I'm quite the fan of the Percy Jackson series, and I'm even more of a fan of the Heroes of Olympus series! A very kind person (Dennis, you lovely person, you!) unbelievably sent me all 5 books plus the Demigod Diaries and they all look so gorgeous! It's certainly making me want to re-read, I am still behind and have not read The Blood of Olympus, so this makes for a perfect excuse to catch up. 

If you're not familiar with the series or haven't read it yet, you really should. Don't let the fact that it's in the children's section put you off. They're brilliant!






Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

I've seen a lot of love for this book - and I can say, I have a lot of love for this cover! - especially over on Instagram (or shall I say Bookstagram? I like that better).
I saw it at the bookshop and didn't realise how big this book was. Wow. Anyway, I'm excited to read this, I've heard nothing but good things, and I can't wait to get started!





It's common knowledge that this is one of my favourite books. I've been wanting to own The DUFF for so long now and I finally have it! It was cheaper, too, possibly because the movie is out? Anyway, I might give it a quick re-read. Another one. Just because. Do I need a reason? Nah.



The Last Summer of Us by Maggie Harcourt

I love a good road trip or travel book. I saw this sitting on one of the book tables and the cover just screamed 'buy me' and... well, I can't say no to a book. Gorgeous colours, simple yet pretty picture, and a storyline that sounds like my kind of thing. So that book went home with me. According to Goodreads, it's not even published yet! Waterstones are good about that, putting books on their shelves early and I'm certainly not complaining.




I'm quite the fan of the Throne of Glass series, and I've been planning on going to London to meet Sarah at a book signing for this book. A month before, I see this in the book shop. What timing! I had to buy it, though, of course. So there might be a possibility of my co-blogger getting a lovely gift in the post sometime soon... but in the meantime, let me show you all how amazing this book is. An autograph sticker, a pretty cover and a new story by Sarah J Maas - nothing can go wrong with this one! Super excited!




There you have it! Have you read any of these? Let us know your thoughts on any of these books, we'd love to hear from you! Here's the list of where you can find us: