Just... ten? How can we pick just ten?
It wasn't an easy process.
We all love a good quote from a wise reader. Whether it's something to get you back into reading, to inspire someone else to start reading (do it!), or because they're just awesome read, we can't get enough of them. We love the one's that make get you to pick up that book, one's that will encourage a new reader to finally read that book you've been pestering them about. They're also great to proudly show why you love the printed word and explain why you love to read.
We decided to collect our favourite ones, quotes that we would love to have on our wall near our hopefully one day pristine library, walls jam packed with many incredible stories. For now? Just hang them by our crammed bookshelf. A Top 10 is definitely a great opportunity to show off those amazing lines, and maybe give you a chance to share yours too. Spam us with reading quotes!
1. "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me" - C.S Lewis
2. "If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you" - Terry Pratchett
3. "A room without books is like a body without a soul" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
4. "It's not that I don't like people. It's just that when I'm in the company of others - even my nearest and dearest - there always comes a moment when I'd rather be reading a book" - Maureen Corrigan
5. "A book is a dream you hold in your hands" - Neil Gaiman
6. "So many books, so little time" - Frank Zappa
7. "We read books to find out who we are. What other people, read or imaginary, do and think and feel...is an essential guide to our understanding of what we ourselves are and may become" - Ursula K. Le Guin
8. "Books are no more threatened by Kindles than stairs by elevators" - Stephen Fry
9. "Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them" - Lemony Snicket
10. "There is no friend as loyal as a book" - Ernest Hemingway
These are a few of many, it wasn't easy cutting the list of many to only ten. There are so many wise and wonderful people who have said some truly remarkable and inspiring things, and these are just a tiny fraction of them. What are your favourite quotes about books or reading? Let us know, you can either leave a comment or find us at any of the following social outlets
TOP 10 READING QUOTES
4/ 5Oleh The Honest Bookclub